His Eminence, Seán P. Cardinal O’Malley, O.F.M., Cap.
together with the Board of Directors of the Catholic Lawyers’ Guild
of the Archdiocese of Boston cordially invite you to attend
The Celebration of the Red Mass
to be held on
Sunday, October 18, 2020
Liturgy at 11:30 a.m.
Cathedral of the Holy Cross
1400 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118
Due to the current pandemic, this year’s event will be a MASS ONLY, celebrated at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross so that we may more effectively practice social distancing.
To attend this year’s mass, you MUST reserve a seat as space at the Cathedral is limited due to the pandemic. This space will be updated with a link to the Cathedral’s online reservation system when it becomes available on or about October 11th.
IMPORTANT PANDEMIC MASS PROTOCOLS
- Who should attend or stay home: If you have symptoms of being sick, have or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, of you recently traveled out-of-state, or if you are a member of a vulnerable population, please stay home. For those who are not able to attend, the mass will be livestreamed through CatholicTV at https://www.watchthemass.com/
- Face Masks Required: Masks that cover the mouth and nose will be required to be worn by all, except for brief removal for the reception of Holy Communion. Please bring your own mask; none will be provided, and you will not be permitted to enter without one.
- Social Distancing: Seating will be blocked off to ensure that attendees are seated more than 6 feet from people who are not in your household. All aisles will be one way only. Entrance can only be made from the main Washington Street doors. The north and south transept doors will be exit only.
- Liturgical Changes: Per archdiocesan directives, there will be no congregational singing or worship aids. Sacred music will be sung by a cantor and an instrumentalist. There will be no exchange of the sign of peace. Holy water fonts will be dry.
- Holy Communion: Specific guidelines will be given at Mass for those who wish to receive Holy Communion. Hand sanitizing stations will be available just prior to receiving. The priest will use gloves and a mask. Lines will be spaced apart.
If you have questions, please call or email the Cathedral of the Holy Cross office at 617-542-5682 or email@example.com